Fast approaching the most magical, the most fabulous holiday. Only a few days of holiday hustle and bustle – and the chime will be notified of the entry of humanity in the year 2013! New year – a holiday is international, and every nation has its own traditions, customs, but the meaning of the holiday in all countries, one is a holiday of kindness, joy and stories.
For example, in ENGLAND it is customary to “let in” the New year. During the striking of the clock open the back door of the house, letting the old year, and with the last kick – front, letting new. The doors are adorned with sprigs of mistletoe, considered a magical tree and according to tradition, in order not to leave next year, the lovers must kiss under them. The main Christmas meal in England is Turkey with chestnuts and fried potatoes with sauce and Brussels sprouts with meat pies.
In ITALY there is a very curious and even somewhat dangerous to the passers-by the tradition to throw old things, clothes, shoes and crockery right through the Windows to enter the new year, free from superfluous and unnecessary. Italians this custom very much, and they perform it with such passion, peculiar to the southerners: Continue reading
“Each year on December 31 we with friends go to the bath. That we have such a tradition. “What other holiday customs are found? Read about the most unusual new year’s rituals: water treatment in Myanmar, a three-minute kisses in Bulgaria, Christmas logs in Italy! Learn about the shocking sexual traditions of the peoples of the world! Find out all about omens, superstitions and customs!
8 news on this subject
Chinese food: a delicious tradition
some interesting and simple recipes
Chinese cuisine is not only delicious and healthy, today is the present trend of cooking. And if still to recall that at the meeting of the New year, many have not only chosen an outfit, but the menu will be in accordance with the symbols of the year, which is also “native to China”.
Halloween: day of superstition!
On the eve of all saints Day writer Olga Volodarskaya
In omens I don’t believe. Especially in bad. That is, women with empty buckets and black cats don’t scare me. And some dreams I’m afraid. You know, they are the harbingers of diseases or quarrels. Already checked!
Birthday: sayings Continue reading
Information about Japanese culture, traditions and customs which can shock us.
1. The strongest swear words in Japanese is comparable to our words “fool” or “idiot”. The degree of insult depends on intonation and volume, which had uttered these words.
2. In the Japanese language uses three scripts: kanji (Chinese characters), Hiragana (the system for writing Japanese words phonetically) and Katakana (a system for writing foreign words phonetically).
3. The Japanese language includes several levels of politeness: conversational, respectful, polite and very courteous. Most women communicates using respectful forms of speech, and men – spoken.
4. In Japanese, the months have no names, instead they are marked with serial numbers. For example, September is “kugatsu”, which means “ninth month”.
5. In Japan specifically relate to pornography. It is sold here at every step. In each store on a rack with the press is bound to have a shelf with hentai. And in large bookstores have pornography removed entire floors.
6. The age of consent in Japan is 13. This means that from this age for voluntary sex is not considered rape.
7. Thus in Japan one of the lowest percentages of rape in the world. Probably, this indicator benefits Continue reading