Fast approaching the most magical, the most fabulous holiday. Only a few days of holiday hustle and bustle – and the chime will be notified of the entry of humanity in the year 2013! New year – a holiday is international, and every nation has its own traditions, customs, but the meaning of the holiday in all countries, one is a holiday of kindness, joy and stories.
For example, in ENGLAND it is customary to “let in” the New year. During the striking of the clock open the back door of the house, letting the old year, and with the last kick – front, letting new. The doors are adorned with sprigs of mistletoe, considered a magical tree and according to tradition, in order not to leave next year, the lovers must kiss under them. The main Christmas meal in England is Turkey with chestnuts and fried potatoes with sauce and Brussels sprouts with meat pies.
In ITALY there is a very curious and even somewhat dangerous to the passers-by the tradition to throw old things, clothes, shoes and crockery right through the Windows to enter the new year, free from superfluous and unnecessary. Italians this custom very much, and they perform it with such passion, peculiar to the southerners: Continue reading
In the eighth Sutta of Satipatthana Canute argues that when a monk with a silly.
Buddhist painting has acquired in many countries of Asia holidays of commemoration. This is the Zhongyuan festival in China, one of the three big holidays of the year in remembrance. Its culmination is in the middle of the seventh month of the traditional lunar calendar.
It is believed that during this month opened the gates of the abode of the dead, and its inhabitants are free to get into the world of the living. According to popular belief, the origin of the holiday was associated with the Buddhist Holy named Mulian. After his mother’s death like hungry demons, because you ate meat and refused to repent of their deeds. A loving and devoted son descended into the underworld, found his mother and tried to feed her. But any food in her mouth turned into a burning coal. Then the Buddha advised Mullany in the middle of the seventh month to present a Buddhist community generous gifts.
He did just that. Together, the monks offered prayers to the gods, and mother Mulana got rid of a hell of torment. Since then though Buddhists began to make and every year this ritual. According to experts, this Buddhist holiday is superimposed on the ancient tradition of ecstatic communion with the dead, whom living has long been perceived as guardians and protectors Continue reading
Information about Japanese culture, traditions and customs which can shock us.
1. The strongest swear words in Japanese is comparable to our words “fool” or “idiot”. The degree of insult depends on intonation and volume, which had uttered these words.
2. In the Japanese language uses three scripts: kanji (Chinese characters), Hiragana (the system for writing Japanese words phonetically) and Katakana (a system for writing foreign words phonetically).
3. The Japanese language includes several levels of politeness: conversational, respectful, polite and very courteous. Most women communicates using respectful forms of speech, and men – spoken.
4. In Japanese, the months have no names, instead they are marked with serial numbers. For example, September is “kugatsu”, which means “ninth month”.
5. In Japan specifically relate to pornography. It is sold here at every step. In each store on a rack with the press is bound to have a shelf with hentai. And in large bookstores have pornography removed entire floors.
6. The age of consent in Japan is 13. This means that from this age for voluntary sex is not considered rape.
7. Thus in Japan one of the lowest percentages of rape in the world. Probably, this indicator benefits Continue reading