Information about Japanese culture, traditions and customs which can shock us.
1. The strongest swear words in Japanese is comparable to our words “fool” or “idiot”. The degree of insult depends on intonation and volume, which had uttered these words.
2. In the Japanese language uses three scripts: kanji (Chinese characters), Hiragana (the system for writing Japanese words phonetically) and Katakana (a system for writing foreign words phonetically).
3. The Japanese language includes several levels of politeness: conversational, respectful, polite and very courteous. Most women communicates using respectful forms of speech, and men – spoken.
4. In Japanese, the months have no names, instead they are marked with serial numbers. For example, September is “kugatsu”, which means “ninth month”.
5. In Japan specifically relate to pornography. It is sold here at every step. In each store on a rack with the press is bound to have a shelf with hentai. And in large bookstores have pornography removed entire floors.
6. The age of consent in Japan is 13. This means that from this age for voluntary sex is not considered rape.
7. Thus in Japan one of the lowest percentages of rape in the world. Probably, this indicator benefits Continue reading
Home » Japan » What to bring from Japan
Japan – this delightful mysterious country, striking the mysterious uniqueness of their culture and a huge variety of interesting things that reflect the color of the state.
In Japan presents such a large selection of original Souvenirs that every tourist is sure to have wondered what to choose as a gift for loved ones. To take something as a memory is also very important, so it is best to prepare in advance a list of what I would like to buy in this stunning Eastern country.
Disneyland – the country of fairy tales! Learn more about this world of unforgettable adventures!
Family life needs to start with the honeymoon! In etyo article you will learn about the most beautiful places for honeymoon.
Fans in Japan are so popular that you cannot leave the country without buying a single fan yourself or anyone close to you. They can be flat ( uchiwa ) or foldable ( OIG ). Also give them sometimes on the street for promotional purposes. You can buy them almost everywhere and at low prices.
Netsuke – this miniature figures, often depicting people, gods and animals. You can use them as keyrings. Buy netsuke in every gift shop.
One of today’s popular tourism destinations are traveling to countries in South-East Asia. Amazing Golden beaches, abundance of sun and beautiful scenery, a huge variety of unusual fruit and kitchen, beautiful Buddhist temples and ancient monuments – all this attracts tourists from all over the world.
Travel to Asia and very popular among tourists of our country. However, we must remember that the customs and worldview of the inhabitants of the countries of South-East Asia are very different from our ideas. It’s wise to familiarize yourself with some of the peculiarities of the mentality and traditions so you don’t accidentally make mistakes that can have a negative impact on your rest and relationships with the locals. So try to remember a few tips that can help you in your journey.
The Chinese often speak very loudly, including in public places. If arriving in a city, you see people speaking very loudly and with a sharp intonations, do not rush to conclusions. Here you can see this quite often, and this does not mean that someone fighting on your eyes.
If you have someone looking at, don’t panic and stop thinking that all is OK with your appearance. Among the Chinese it is considered indecent not to consider strangers, to them it is perfectly acceptable manifestation Continue reading