Are you planning to visit South Korea? If Yes, then you are very lucky. This country is famous for its unique culture and rich heritage. After reading this article, you will learn some interesting facts about South Korea .
The coastline of South Korea stretches for 6 km 228, the country is almost 3,000 Islands, concentrated mainly in the Yellow sea and the Korean Strait. Only a few of them lie in the East sea.
The total land area is about 500 square kilometers 99.
The landscape of South Korea is predominantly rough and mountainous with small areas of arable land.
The extinct volcano of Hallasan (Hallasan), located at 1,950 metres, is the highest point of South Korea.
South Korea is known as the “hermit Kingdom” and “Land of the morning calm”.
The South Korean climate is continental, summers are hot and humid, while winter is dry and cold.
The largest cities are Seoul (Seoul), Busan (Pusan), Daegu (Taegu), Incheon (Incheon) and Gwangju (Kwangju).
The largest city and capital is Seoul, the second largest Metropolitan city in the world.
The national anthem is called “Aegukka” (“Song of love for the Motherland”), he was adopted on August 15, 1948.
In South Korea professed religions such as Confucianism, shamanism (traditional spirit worship), Christianity, Buddhism and chondokyo Continue reading
Residents of Japan life expectancy today came in first place in the world. What is the secret of their longevity? Serious long-term studies conducted by Professor of Kyoto University Yukio Yamori.
Yukio Yamori drew attention to a possible life expectancy with the use of salt, and conducted laboratory studies on rats. All experimental animals, in which food has added salt, were dying prematurely from cardiovascular disease and stroke. In control groups, where animals were fed the same food, but without salt, such cases are almost not there.
After that, Amari investigated the diet of the inhabitants of the country.The highest life expectancy of the population of Okinawa. It is believed that this is due to a very well balanced combination in the diet of pork and fish, a large proportion of algae and legumes, and, again, a low salt intake. Life expectancy of the Okinawans is only slightly inferior to the inhabitants of Kyoto Prefecture. In their diet lots of fresh vegetables. Very typical and popular dishes of obanzai is a mixture of minced local vegetables, the more kinds the better. On the other hand, the inhabitants of the Tohoku region – the northeast of Honshu island, life expectancy is considerably less than the Okinawans. Continue reading
Information about Japanese culture, traditions and customs which can shock us.
1. The strongest swear words in Japanese is comparable to our words “fool” or “idiot”. The degree of insult depends on intonation and volume, which had uttered these words.
2. In the Japanese language uses three scripts: kanji (Chinese characters), Hiragana (the system for writing Japanese words phonetically) and Katakana (a system for writing foreign words phonetically).
3. The Japanese language includes several levels of politeness: conversational, respectful, polite and very courteous. Most women communicates using respectful forms of speech, and men – spoken.
4. In Japanese, the months have no names, instead they are marked with serial numbers. For example, September is “kugatsu”, which means “ninth month”.
5. In Japan specifically relate to pornography. It is sold here at every step. In each store on a rack with the press is bound to have a shelf with hentai. And in large bookstores have pornography removed entire floors.
6. The age of consent in Japan is 13. This means that from this age for voluntary sex is not considered rape.
7. Thus in Japan one of the lowest percentages of rape in the world. Probably, this indicator benefits Continue reading