Information about Japanese culture, traditions and customs which can shock us.
1. The strongest swear words in Japanese is comparable to our words “fool” or “idiot”. The degree of insult depends on intonation and volume, which had uttered these words.
2. In the Japanese language uses three scripts: kanji (Chinese characters), Hiragana (the system for writing Japanese words phonetically) and Katakana (a system for writing foreign words phonetically).
3. The Japanese language includes several levels of politeness: conversational, respectful, polite and very courteous. Most women communicates using respectful forms of speech, and men – spoken.
4. In Japanese, the months have no names, instead they are marked with serial numbers. For example, September is “kugatsu”, which means “ninth month”.
5. In Japan specifically relate to pornography. It is sold here at every step. In each store on a rack with the press is bound to have a shelf with hentai. And in large bookstores have pornography removed entire floors.
6. The age of consent in Japan is 13. This means that from this age for voluntary sex is not considered rape.
7. Thus in Japan one of the lowest percentages of rape in the world. Probably, this indicator benefits Continue reading
Home » Japan » What to bring from Japan
Japan – this delightful mysterious country, striking the mysterious uniqueness of their culture and a huge variety of interesting things that reflect the color of the state.
In Japan presents such a large selection of original Souvenirs that every tourist is sure to have wondered what to choose as a gift for loved ones. To take something as a memory is also very important, so it is best to prepare in advance a list of what I would like to buy in this stunning Eastern country.
Disneyland – the country of fairy tales! Learn more about this world of unforgettable adventures!
Family life needs to start with the honeymoon! In etyo article you will learn about the most beautiful places for honeymoon.
Fans in Japan are so popular that you cannot leave the country without buying a single fan yourself or anyone close to you. They can be flat ( uchiwa ) or foldable ( OIG ). Also give them sometimes on the street for promotional purposes. You can buy them almost everywhere and at low prices.
Netsuke – this miniature figures, often depicting people, gods and animals. You can use them as keyrings. Buy netsuke in every gift shop.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE COUNTRY:
In Japan there are 126,7 million people (1999), on the main island of Honshu – 101 million on the island of Kyushu – 13.4 million on the island of Shikoku – 4.2 million and on Hokkaido island – 5.7 million people.
Japan’s population is extremely homogeneous in the racial, ethnic, linguistic and religious relations. However there are approx. 600 thousand Koreans, although many of them were born and raised in the Islands, speak Japanese and sometimes Japanese names are. Another minority – this, or burakumin, descendants of the medieval caste, the members of which were engaged in slaughtering, dressing of leather, were the garbage men, clowns and were considered “people of the meanest professions.” Currently, there are about 3 million burakumin.
The state total area 377688 sq km, is located in East Asia, located on the 4 large Islands: Kyushu, Shikoku, Honshu, Hokkaido, the Ryukyu Islands and more than 4,000 smaller Islands. On the North it is washed by sea of Okhotsk, in the East – the Pacific ocean, on the South by the Pacific ocean and East China sea, on the West by the Korea Strait and the sea of Japan.
Japanese Islands formed at the intersection of several volcanic island arcs surrounding the Pacific coast of Asia. The Northern Continue reading