There a lot of cultures which differ very peculiar beliefs in respect of marriage and family happiness. Here are some wedding traditions that still exist and are very difficult to understand.
India: marriage with animals
Some women in India have been forced to marry animals. The fact is that in some parts of India it is believed that ghosts can inhabit certain people’s souls in the living world. In particular it is believed that the ghosts possess girls who are born with milk teeth, prorezalsya through the gum, or those born with deformities and defects on your face.
Therefore, some believe that the only way to exorcise the Ghost girl, is the marriage with the animal, typically a goat or dog. Despite the fact that on this occasion arranged a magnificent wedding ceremony with drinks and dancing, the girls don’t expect sexual relations with an animal, that certainly is a relief. Allow the girl to later marry a man, but in the case, when the ghosts are gone from his victim. We can only guess how the people accept the decision that the Ghost was gone.
Greece: the gnawing biscuit round neck boy
Another strange tradition takes place at the wedding in Greece. A young Greek bride celebrates her marriage, grabbing the boy and planting him on his knee, and then gnaws round biscuits, Continue reading
Each country has its own traditions and culture, which can not affect the clothing of a particular nation. In Japan there is a traditional outfits for festivals, casual wear, various accessories that are not only extraordinarily beautiful, but have deep historical roots. Stay on the most famous Japanese clothing – kimono.
The kimono is a national dress of Japan in the form of a robe, which is fastened at the waist with a special belt, called Obi, and the sleeve has a width exceeding the thickness of the hands. Kimono has straps and twine, which are used instead of buttons. The length of such gown might vary, but usually reaches the ankles. Kimono is worn by both men and women. Dressed in kimono always on the right side. And the Obi is wrapped several times around the body and tie a bow.
The traditional dress has more than twelve elements that need to dress in a certain way. And for holidays and important events, are invited to attend even a special costume that should have nothing like a special license to perform this type of work.
Today, Japanese women abandoned complex multilayer garments, and began to wear kimono in one or two layers. Full set kimono dress for weddings or formal events.
The Japanese pay great attention not only cover clothes, but also its symbolism. In Japan, Continue reading
Japan is an amazing country that keeps its traditions and customs. For this purpose they used all possible legal and social forms of combating the spread of alien religions for them. Nobody will probably ever read in the Internet or the newspaper that some Arab Sheikh visited Japan. Try to remember.
Okay, don’t try. There was no such. And here’s why.
1. A Muslim will never get in Japan citizenship. Japan is the only country that does not issue citizenship to Muslims. Arguing will not work. The law is the law.
2. Muslims are not allowed is long in Japan.
3. The attempt to spread Islam – a criminal offense. For this you can go to prison for a long time.
4. In Japan there are no schools that teach Arabic.
5. The Quran – the book banned. Import it impossible. Available only “adapted” version in Japanese.
6. The practising is allowed only in enclosed spaces. If the rituals will see ordinary Japanese, Muslim faces jail.
7. To speak Arabic is strictly forbidden.
8. Japan has almost no embassies in Arab countries.
9. Islam in Japan professes 0.00% Japanese.
10. Come to work in Japan a Muslim is entitled to work in a foreign company. I.e. Japanese companies do not employ people professing Islam.