Culture of Japan
The names, however, are done splitting I did not understand, in what topic to shove myths dispelled
And you will understand why sailormoon appears in the moon rabbit baking something on the moon (if you remember the cat Luna spoke)
What Japanese words become the most popular in the world and why?
New Japanese word confidently enters into everyday English and other European languages. Many of these words are not already in English dictionaries, however, on the Internet sites you will quickly find an explanation of their meaning.
Simply open the web search engine Google, typing the word “kawaii” (“cute”), “etty” (“indecent”), “otaku” (“fanatic”), “Asuna” (“beautiful young girl”) or “onigiri” (rice balls), and you will get many options, explain the meaning of these words.
So why are these words so deeply penetrated into European languages? One reason lies in the extraordinary worldwide popularity of Japanese animation that is characterized by brilliance, originality, graphics and live characters.
Rompani of Santiago, a fourth-year Continue reading
Information about Japanese culture, traditions and customs which can shock us.
1. The strongest swear words in Japanese is comparable to our words “fool” or “idiot”. The degree of insult depends on intonation and volume, which had uttered these words.
2. In the Japanese language uses three scripts: kanji (Chinese characters), Hiragana (the system for writing Japanese words phonetically) and Katakana (a system for writing foreign words phonetically).
3. The Japanese language includes several levels of politeness: conversational, respectful, polite and very courteous. Most women communicates using respectful forms of speech, and men – spoken.
4. In Japanese, the months have no names, instead they are marked with serial numbers. For example, September is “kugatsu”, which means “ninth month”.
5. In Japan specifically relate to pornography. It is sold here at every step. In each store on a rack with the press is bound to have a shelf with hentai. And in large bookstores have pornography removed entire floors.
6. The age of consent in Japan is 13. This means that from this age for voluntary sex is not considered rape.
7. Thus in Japan one of the lowest percentages of rape in the world. Probably, this indicator benefits Continue reading
FOOD IN JAPAN
In Japan a traveler will never have any problems with eating – the number of different restaurants and eateries in the country just enormous. In most of the cities are available in not only traditional Japanese food but also various types of international cuisine (from French and Italian to Indian and Mexican). The Japanese almost never invite guests to their homes, preferring to communicate or to solve business issues in restaurants and cafes.
At lunch time in Japanese restaurants offer set meals, i.e. a fixed set of dishes, usually consisting of meat or fish, bowls of soup, pickles and rice. The cost of this lunch is about 1000 yen (360 rubles). The names of the dishes on the menu, normally listed only in Japanese, but if necessary, the waiter will help you with the selection and tell what is what.
Average account size in inexpensive Japanese cafe is from 800 to 1200 yen (290-430 rubles) per person; good lunch or dinner for two at a mid-range restaurant will cost around ¥ 4,000 (1,440 rubles). A Cup of coffee at a decent cafe costs 300-400 yen.
Usually after meals give a check, which you need to pay at the counter at the exit café.
The fast food industry in Japan presents restaurants of various networks, both local and international ( McDonald’s . Wendy . Kentucky Fried Chicken, Continue reading