Features of material culture

Features of the material culture of Koreans vividly reflect the ethnic history of the Korean people, in particular the history of its interaction with neighboring peoples of Eastern Asia, primarily the Chinese. A number of features of the material culture of Koreans on the origin associated with tropical and subtropical areas of Southeast Asia, bring them together with other far Eastern peoples: many aspects of agriculture, particularly rice cultivation, alternating possibility gardening, types of agricultural implements, such as plough and cattle (no milk), poultry and pigs of southern origin, dog meat as food, clothing swing type sweater or Bathrobe and more. All this indicates, undoubtedly, a significant part in the formation of Korean ethnic groups of southern origin, originally associated with the extreme South of China, Indochina and Indonesia. It is possible that the language of these “southern” group were Indonesians, related to certain groups of ancient Yue, who, according to Chinese historians, the Zhou time was reached in the North of modern Shan-Tung. It should also be borne in mind that “southern” elements in the culture of people in Ireland could be considerably strengthened by immigrants from the aforementioned Yin of China, the culture which, as we know, had many features of southern origin.

In the material culture of the Koreans undoubtedly the presence of “Northern” elements, in origin related to peoples of Siberia and Central Asia, primarily with the Tungus-manchurians, and can be, and with earlier Paleoasiatic. Among them the ancient population of Korea can be attributed, for example, existed here in II—I millennia BC round the dugout to the entrance through the smoke hole, and contemporary population — ondol, top different types of fur garments, the wearing of pants, completely not characteristic for the peoples of the Asian tropics and subtropics. With its Northern neighbours, especially with the Manchus and the peoples of the Soviet Amur region, the Koreans also brought together some anthropological features (light skin with yellowish tinge, comparatively wide and very tall face, narrow nose, etc.). Linguistic data, as we mentioned, also suggest a kinship with Koreans, Tungus-Manchurian peoples.

Thus, the analysis of the ethnographic materials on Korea in combination with the data of anthropology and linguistics enables you to make an assumption about the participation in the ethnogenesis of the Koreans, Tungus, and can be, and Paleoasiatic tribes mentioned in ancient Chinese sources on North-Eastern frontier of China called “Dunya”.


The national pride of Koreans

A big role in family life in old Korea was played by the cult of ancestors, in honor of whom the sacrifices were made. Currently usually buries their dead in single graves, at least in the collective family tombs, explicitly choose…[Full article]


The main classes of the population of Korea are currently the workers and peasants constituting the North of the country support system of people’s democracy and leading under the leadership of the Labor party struggle for economic revival and cult…[Full article]

About the degradation of agriculture

During the rule of the Japanese imperialists only 18% of the land belonged to the peasants, with the remaining 82% were owned by the Japanese and Korean landlords and capitalists. The Japanese invaders had retained feudal bondage systems…[Full article]

The Peoples Of Korea

The Koreans are one of the most ancient peoples of East Asia, which created a high and rich culture. The number of Koreans in Korea (1956)-31,4 million people, representing about 99% of the total population. More than 1.2 million Koreans…[Full article]


A significant development in Korea has reached a variety of crafts, many of which originated in ancient times. Very kind of Korean pottery, which traditions are passed from generation to generation. Great…[Full article]

Japanese colonialists

The Japanese colonizers sought to suppress the national consciousness of Koreans, “eliminate” the rich cultural heritage of the Korean people. They pursued a policy of discrimination against the Koreans, were forcibly detained cultural devel…[Full article]

Traditional desserts with an Asian note
New pastry chef Magomed Babaev SEIJIGROUP came up with paradoxical collection of desserts for restaurants and GINKGO SEIJI This fall the menu of pan-Asian restaurant GINKGO and Japanese restaurant SEIJI…

Continue reading →

Christmas traditions
Fast approaching the most magical, the most fabulous holiday. Only a few days of holiday hustle and bustle – and the chime will be notified of the entry of humanity…

Continue reading →

Tea traditions Central Asia
Central Asia will explode after the death of Karimov Candidate of historical Sciences, expert in Turkic Philology, political consultant Askar Kurmangaliyev about the difficult times for the Asian republics of…

Continue reading →